Maquarium Version History
- Increased the allowed devation of KH and GH to 100 ppm
- Fixed an issue where the main window could close unexpectedly after a chemical warning alert was shown
- Dark Mode support on macOS 10.14 and higher
- Fixed the inability to re-open files in some cases
- Various minor cosmetic changes
- Notarized for improved macOS security
- Now requires macOS 10.12 or higher
2.4.5 & 2.4.6 (3/16/15)
- Added tooltips to Graph View data points
- Added Intel vector support when creating conditions graph for faster performance
- Fixed an issue where some user Calendars would not be selectable in the preferences
- Fixed an issue where dates may not be displayed correctly on non-US English systems
- Fixed an issue where a new file would not be created after choosing Don't Save when closing an existing file
- Worked around an OS X 10.7 bug which prevented saving (2.4.6)
- Note: After updating users will need to re-open your Maquarium file. Please note the location of your file before updating.
- Updated user interface for Retina Mac and Yosemite support
- Now Sandboxing for added security. As a result, users will need to reset their preferences
- When completing an overdue item from the Overdue window, the file is now marked as modified
- New files will now have the file extension mxml
- Added 512x512 application icon
- Fixed Overdue activities window item date sorting
- Fixed Overdue activities window showing stale information when opening a new file
- Fixed date printing
- Fixed other minor bugs
- Now requires Mac OS 10.6 or newer
- Fixed issue in which the overdue activities window may not show
- Improved tank information layout
- Fixed & improved layout of the overdue activities list
- Fixed possible crash when deleting a tank
- Fixed adding scheduled activities to iCal in Mac OS 10.7
- Fixed number formatting on some properties in the edit tank settings dialog
- Updated appearance for Lion
- Now badges the Dock icon with the number of overdue tasks
- Now supports tracking chlorine
- Graphing now includes temperature
- Overdue task window is now sorted by date
- Now supports Full Screen mode in Lion
- Now can configure chemical conditions to track in the tank editor
- Profile searching is now threaded for better performance
- Now uses Sparkle for automatic updating
- Fixed a bug in which you could not select a calendar in the preferences
- Native 64 bit support
- Now requires Mac OS 10.5 or newer
- Many under the hood improvements
- Shrunk file size approximately in half when several profile images are set
- Improved performance with large files with several images
- Now does live searching when finding fish, coral, plant and invert profiles
- Adding schedulded tasks to iCal now works again
- Now always uses the users short date format
- Worked around a bug in Mac OS X on Intel which would cause Condition entries not to stick
- Condition columns now remember their size more consistently
- Now a Universal Binary for native Intel support
- Requires 10.3.9 and higher
- Redesigned the tank items profile layout to be easier to use with long notes
- Added tank item thumbnail image in the profile area
- Added the ability to put in new lines while editing tank item notes
- Changed temperature readings to support decimal values
- Added around 200 new fish, coral plant and invertebrate profiles
- Made it easier to customize condition columns
- Changed tank item image area to be slightly bigger
- No longer automatically resize the aquarium list when resizing the window
- Fixed bug in which expense categories weren't saved after editing
- Fixed bug in which the expense list wouldn't stay sorted by anything but date
- Renamed the Convert toolbar button to Calculate to be more accurate
- Other minor changes & fixes
- Added a Spotlight importer for Maquarium files in 10.4
- If opening a file using Spotlight, Maquarium will show the searched item if possible
- Added Spotlight support for the find dialog and the tank outline contextual menu in 10.4
- Automatic updating is now turned on by default
- Worked around a bug in 10.4 where the date column rollover effect would stop working
- Restored compatibility with 10.2.8
- Improved iCal support on 10.2.8
- Restored iCal listing in preferences on Tiger
- Other minor changes
- Added support for Magnesium condition
- Added Estimated Carbon Dioxide calculator
- Added meq/L to dKH conversion
- Allow higher values in condition columns & settings to account for high marine ppm measurements
- Changed German degrees conversion label to dKH to be more standard
- Made upgrading easier for existing registered users
- Fixed auto-updating, it would not show an update if one existed
- Other minor changes
- Fixed a bug that would cause saving new files to fail
- Fixed a minor redraw bug with the profile navigation arrows
Added Coral, Invertebrate and Plant profile support:
- Added preliminary searchable profile databases for these new items
- Reef Compatibility is now a profile attribute
- Added arrows in the profile view to quickly scroll through all the items in the group
Added complete AppleScript support:
- Now Maquarium can be used with home automation software and aquarium compatible x-10 devices
Added Expense tracking:
- Expense entries track date, expense, category and amounts
- Can assign expenses custom categories to track where exactly your money is going
- Can analyze expenses based on category and total, date range, month or year
Condition tracking has been enhanced:
- Added the ability to mark condition measurements as 'Not Tested' instead of just having them 0 for more accurate chemical tracking
- Added the ability to export condition data as a comma delimited file
- Carbon Dioxide is now trackable by tank condition chemicals
Greatly enhanced the Converter:
- Now handles conversations of Length, Surface Area, Flow Rates, Volume and Pollutants
- Added a volume calculator
- Added ammonia toxicity calculator
Graphing has been enhanced:
- Graphing now spaces entries based on date, not measurement count for more accurate spacing
- Graphing now extrapolates 'Not Tested' values instead of graphing them as 0 for more accurate lines
- Each point now has a bullet to show exactly where it is
- Points now have tooltips that show x, y values
- Lines are smaller to be more accurate
- Graphing user interface has been tweaked for a better user experience
- Graphing now supports altivec for more than 64 entries
Scheduled Activities have been improved:
- Can now set activities to reoccur in a custom number of days
- If a reoccurring activity is overdue and is marked as complete, the user is now prompted to reschedule from that date or the original due date
- Added 'Next Date' column. If an item is reoccurring it will show when the item is due next after it's current due date
- Added tooltips to better explain schedule checkboxes
- Can now set which iCal calendar you want to add Maquarium activities to in the Preferences
- Updated user interface to be more modern and in line with the latest Mac OS X changes
- Added action button where applicable
- Updated the file format. NOTICE: All updated files will no longer be compatible with Maquarium 1.x
- Added the ability to add an item image in profile edit mode
- Image search now searches by common and scientific name
- Greatly improved the item find, can now search by a number of common characteristics
- Find list results now shows more information
- Find dialog now has the ability to search for images and more information on a entry online
- Fixed a bug in which under certain circumstances and overdue activity wouldn't show up if it was due that day
- Can now drag reorder Tanks in the tank list
- Holding Option while dragging items in the tank list will copy the item
- Can now Copy and Paste tank list items into other tanks
- Graphing range now defaults to the first and last values
- Columns now truncate with ellipses to indicate more content
- Columns now have tooltips if necessary
- Date columns now have a date picker control for quicker date entry
- Tank list now better remembers its width across restarts
- Double-clicking a chemical in Tank view will now edit select and edit that chemical
- Moved printing options into the Print panel and made it a sheet
- Relaxed the demo limitations a bit so users can get a better feel for it
- Lots of small bug fixes and changes throughout
- Added the much requested ability to insert pictures of fish in to fish profiles.
- Added an all new automatic update window.
- Changed the user interface in the graphing view.
- Now disable graphing legend labels if the user isn't tracking those chemicals.
- Added several new fish profiles to the fish profile database.
- Fixed a long standing bug where entries could get truncated when printed.
- Changed printing format slightly to be easier to read.
- Added better error checking when trying to graph invalid dates
- Double-clicking aquarium conditions now goes to edit mode
- Overdue Notification window no longer takes focus when shown at startup
- Added several new fish profiles to the fish profile database
- No longer use the Application Support folder for storing the fish profile database, now it's only stored inside the application
- Improved printing and print output
- Added error checking when searching for fish profiles if the profile is invalid
- Fixed a problem loading combo boxes in the Graph window under Panther
- Fixed aquarium conditions warning alert number formatting problem
- Changed internal string structure, updated several dialog strings
- Fixed double-tank print bug when printing all tanks
- Fixed a minor bug with printing fish profiles
- Fixed a problem where aquariums in the tank list would appear in reverse order after opening a file on Panther. Which happens to also speed up file opening, bonus.
- Numerous Minor UI changes and fixes which include focus rings around lists on Panther
- Fixed a long-standing file saving bug in which new files would not be saved a second time correctly.
- Now register the file icon with the system database explicitly.
- No longer over zealously check if the file has been modified to increase performance.
- Compiled with GCC 3.3.
- Shrunk download file size.
- A couple other minor tweaks.
- Added graphing of chemical condition entries.
- Added the ability to search by scientific (latin) name in the fish profile database allowing easier searching for non-American users.
- Updated help in Maquarium to show context sensitive help in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug where help wouldn't work.
- Tweaked user interface for Panther and refined French UI.
- Fixed a bug where certain fish could not be added from the fish database.
- Fixed a bug where incorrect dangerous value warnings would be shown when entering values in the Tank Editor.
- Fixed a bug where chemical values wouldn't save when expected in the Tank Editor.
- Removed cancel button in Tank Editor window under certain situations because it didn't do anything.
- Changed the way Maquarium launches without a default file specified for a more consistent experience.
- Removed the option to turn off alternating row color as it's become the standard look in OS X.
- Added Graphite alternating row color.
- Added several new fish profiles in the fish profile database.
- Other minor changes.
- Now Requires Mac OS 10.2 or higher.
- Greatly enhanced marine aquarium support by supporting 7 new chemicals. New chemicals are:
Alkalinity, Calcium, Copper, Dissolved Oxygen, Iodine, Iron and Phosphate.
- Condition chemical tracking list can now be customized for users preferences.
- All new automatic version checking and update downloading.
- Added the ability to add scheduled tasks to user's iCal calendar.
- Added around fifty new fish profiles to the fish profile database.
- Can now drag and drop fish from one tank to another.
- Truncate text labels when necessary.
- All new Fish Profile display for better use of space.
- Fish profiles now support a notes section.
- Can now show overdue scheduled activities anytime, not just on startup.
- Added a toolbar button to show overdue scheduled activities.
- All column header text now have the correct padding.
- Now uses System Date format on international systems.
- Fixed ph display in fish conditions pane.
- Fixed a bug where scheduled overdue items wouldn't show up in the overdue notification window.
- Reworded dangerously high chemical warning in certain states.
- Other minor UI changes.
- Added full chemical warning customization on a per tank basis.
- Added a Tank profile panel.
- Added the option of using alternating row colors in various lists.
- Fixed a date formatting problem in the French overdue notification window.
- Fixed a bug that would cause two items in the schedule list to become checked when only one was checked.
- Fixed a bug in the version checking in which it would say you had the latest version regardless of if an update was available.
- Added new fish profiles to the fish profile database.
- Fixed other small user interface bugs.
- Fixed sorting issue under Mac OS 10.2 (Jaguar).
- Added French localization.
- Added overdue notifications to the Dock menu.
- Fixed several minor user interface bugs.
- Can no longer modify deleted items in the overdue notification window.
- Added new fish profiles to the fish profile database.
- Numerous internal changes.